The Princess
    Fiona is 19 years young, and always wears her heart on her sleeve. A certified foodie and a home-buddy, and enjoys devouring chocolates on rainy Sunday mornings. ❤

    stats
    web counter


    10 reasons to love Dao Ming Si


    Since ABS-CBN will be bringing back the renowned Taiwanese show Meteor Garden, I might as well vent out my fangirl emotions here. Yes, fangirl emotions – you’ve read it right. A decade has already passed but this show still never fails on bringing me so much kilig vibes. <3 But since my summer internship won’t let me watch the replay on TV, I started watching a few days ago via Youtube. (Yes darlings, there is a complete set of Tagalog-dubbed MG episodes on Youtube!)

    Of course, who wouldn’t forget the legendary F4? (Trivia: in Mandarin, which is the primary language in Taiwan, F4 is pronounced as F-si, since the word si means four in Chinese…) I’m pretty much sure every fangirl out there has their own favorite in the group. Surprisingly, Dao Ming Si, their leader, wasn’t my favorite guy at all way back then. I preferred the mysterious Hua Ze Lei, because I dig shy and quiet guys when I was young. ;)

    That was then and today is different. Re-watching the episodes once more after a several years, I have realized that my perspectives have changed. Yes, I still find Hua Ze Lei and the two other guys cute, but it was Ah Si who made me swoon and my heart melt with so much KV. And I listed 10 reasons why.

    • He’s not entirely a bad boy, after all. It was just a front, and behind the feisty disposition is just a misunderstood man waiting for someone to help him decode himself, and what he wants for himself. And then Shan Cai came along, and the rest is history.








    • He’d take what you’d be willing to give, no matter how big or small it is. Remember how he woke up Hua Ze Lei to show him the burnt chocolate cookies Shan Cai gave him for his birthday? And how he fumed when Lei snatched it away and ate it? For a rich kid, Ah Si can be very appreciative of what Shan Cai is only capable to give, even if the cookies were burnt. :3




    • He is funny and adorable – and doesn’t even know that he is. From the way he keep on saying SIZE instead of SENSE, to his clueless response every time the F3 is making fun of him, he looks so adorable and childlike – very far from the bad boy Dao Ming Si that everybody is already fond of.


    • Those eyes, those expressive eyes when they look into yours. Enough said.

    • His smile. And the way his dimple show. I mean, come on. I know that you know how his smile differs from the others’. 

    • How he can still be friends with the guy who almost took the girl that he loves. Hello, Lei!


    • He knows how to cry.

    • And the way he identifies the difference of the girl he loves among everyone else. The line, “Iba si Shan Cai, tandaan mo ‘yan” was such a strong phrase coming from someone so popular like Ah Si every time another girl forces herself to him. Though Shan Cai fails to recognize this sometimes, that doesn’t stop him from being loyal to her, and in the end, fighting for his love for her, even if it means sitting under the rain for four hours, or chasing her bus down the highway.







    And I think the list goes on as I continue to re-watch MG Season 1. I don’t think I would be re-watching the second season, though. I didn’t like the way they focused too much on Ah Si’s amnesia that they aired almost ¾ of the season with Ah Si dealing with his memory loss and Shan Cai crying over it. But I might change my mind, since Jerry Yan has finally won me over – thanks to his mesmerizing eyes and smile.


    GIFs and JPGs grabbed from Tumblr.

    Labels:

    ? "10 reasons to love Dao Ming Si" was Posted On: Saturday, March 29, 2014 @4:29 AM | 0 lovely comments ?


    « Older posts | Newer posts »


    Layout TeaCakeHouse. All rights reserved.